My learning fall and rise

      As I entered this class on August 13 I was confused about what was happening. I saw people making decisions and agreeing with things I had no knowledge of. I came in a day after they made a decision to make this class on technology instead of paper. People around me looked at me lost and didn’t help until I asked for help. I had many questions about why this class was different to other I have taken in past years.
      I was confused because I was never given the option to see how we wanted to run the class. I was shocked that a teacher would give us such freedom and right to the class. I asked my fellow class members what they thought about what the options he gave us. Dr. Preston is one of the teachers who really gave us freedom. I had a first impression on Dr. Preston i thought he was a teacher that was cocky and up tight.
      My first challenge I had in this class was the blogs, I wasn’t used them so I didn’t do them for a good while until I asked the homie Pablo for help. The journals were kinda easy bc they were on paper unlike the blogs. The second challenge I had was memorizing proms and posting them on the blog, they were hard to do because it would take me time to remember each word in the exact order. I found a trick on how to do it though, I would say them with a beat and try to rap them out because that was the way I learned stuff. I saw that working for me and I stuck to it and it really helped me with the poems.
       In Dr. Prestons class we would read about people who’s story was so inspiring to me. When I felt the most tension was when I had my interview and I felt as everyone’s eyes were on my like hawks looking down on their prey. I felt relieved when I stood up and walked away, the eyes that taunted me when I was up there on my own have faded into darkness.
       The routine that I picked up to do my work in Dr. Prestons was to do the work at my house because I felt that in class i wouldn’t do anything. I would goof around and not get any work done in class but when I did it at my house I would finish it in less then 30 minutes. In class I would take down what I had to at my house. That’s something that I picked up during my time in that class. Those are some of the routines that I picked up during his class.
        I have more experience than when I first when into that class. The course was different but now I got the hang of it and it’s fun to be in that class because you never know what we’re learning in that class. There is always something new every day and it’s really cool bc I don’t get bored of being in that class.
   

Comments

Popular Posts